Stay Safe During The Holidays
HAMILTON, NJ— With the holidays upon us, the New Jersey Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness (NJOHSP) would like to remind all residents and visitors throughout the State of the various resources that our Office provides to help keep you safe.
- The Facility Self-Assessment Tool assists organizations in identifying security vulnerabilities and offers possible solutions.
- Through NJOHSP’s Special Events reporting, a statewide list of special events is compiled to be distributed to all law enforcement agencies for situational awareness and to assist in local planning requirements. Officials in any town can assist in keeping New Jersey prepared by completing an online “Special Events Submission Form.”
- NJOHSP offers a variety of training and exercise programs to assist our partners with incident preparedness and response.
- Grant opportunities are available through NJOHSP to build and sustain national preparedness capabilities.
- Intelligence. Unclassified. Podcast provides unclassified information about current trends in homeland security for the state of New Jersey, as well as educational information and resources for your awareness.
NJOHSP also continues to encourage everyone to report suspicious activity.
“We will do everything we can to ensure that you and your families are safe and secure this holiday season,” said Jared Maples, Director of the New Jersey Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness. “That said, we cannot do this alone. We need your support and partnership. Therefore, I ask that if you ‘See Something, Say Something.”
A simple call or email has the possibility of saving countless lives and thwarting a potential terrorist attack. Even if you believe the information you provide may not constitute an immediate threat, it could be a piece of a larger puzzle. Notify your local authorities and NJOHSP’s Counterterrorism Watch desk at 1-866-4-SAFE-NJ or firstname.lastname@example.org.